Do you require longer borrowing periods due to a disability? You can apply to change your Library card to Accessibility Status by filling out this form.
Features of the Accessibility Status:
- Six week loan period for all items, except for downloadable digital media and Express items (regular loan periods apply); and
- Six week renewal period for all items, except for downloadable digital media and Express items (regular renewal periods apply).
Please note that customers are responsible for:
- Picking up and returning their material to a Library branch or Bookmobile stop; and
- All fees incurred. See the Fees and Fines chart for more details.
Download the Application for Accessibility Status.
The form is also available in Library branches.
Please note that a health care professional (i.e. physician, nurse, physiotherapist, chiropractor, naturopath, psychologist, etc.) must complete a portion of the form. In lieu of having a health care professional signature, the Ottawa Public Library will also accept the following:
- A valid OC Transpo community bus pass;
- A CNIB card; or
- Proof that you receive benefits under the Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP).
If you have other documentation that you wish to have considered, please contact the OPL Accessibility Office or 613-580-2424 ext. 28321
Once the application form is complete, please bring it in person to any OPL branch to have your Library card changed to Accessibility Status. New customers without an existing Library card will also need to bring photo I.D. and proof of address.