- All payments for consumable materials must be made through customers’ OPL cards
- Customers load their OPL card using the Vendcard kiosks located at many of OPL’s 33 branches
- No reimbursements will be given
- Customers must pay for consumable materials (cost-recovery model) prior to submitting jobs
- Resin for ProJet 1500 3D Printer: $0.45 per gram
- Plastic Filament for Makerbot Replicator 2 5th Generation 3D Printer: $0.10 per gram
- Laser cutter material (pieces of wood) will be marked individually, from $2-$5
Regular hours resumed Sept. 7, 202115/10/2021
Ottawa Public Library has returned to regular pre-pandemic hours at most branches as of September 7, 2021 — including Sunday hours at 10 branches and InfoService. Hours are posted at branch entrances and on the Hours and location page of the OPL website.
Extended curbside service at Alta Vista branch October 16 from 10 am to 5 pm15/10/2021
The Alta Vista branch will extend curbside services at the rear door and parking lot on Saturday October 16, 2021 from 10 am to 5 pm .The branch will resume regular service on Monday, October 18 at 10 am. .
Overdrive: Issues with older Apple devices or browsers12/10/2021
Recent changes by Overdrive and Libby have impacted compatibility with older versions of Apple's mobile and desktop operating systems. Those who use older Apple devices (Mac computers running lower than macOS 10.12.1 and iPhones/iPads running iOS 9) may have trouble using the OverDrive desktop or mobile apps, while Libby is no longer supported on iPhones and iPads running iOS 9.
Notice: Carlingwood Branch14/10/2021
The elevator at Carlingwood branch is currently out of service.
Closure: Centennial Branch15/10/2021
Centennial Branch will be open from 2 pm to 5 pm only Saturday October 16, due to a planned Hydro Ottawa Power outage.